How Does It Work?
The Motability Car Scheme enables disabled people to get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new car with Motability Operations Ltd.
The scheme offers the following benefits:
- A new BMW every 3 years
- 60,000 mile allowance
- Insurance all included
- All servicing, maintenance, windscreen and tyre replacement costs built in
- Accident and breakdown cover
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- Ability to nominate up to two drivers
- Selected models provide access to drivers under 25 years old
For the full list of BMW and MINI cars on the Motability Car Scheme with required Advance Payments, download the latest price list here.
Please contact a Motability Sales Specialist at your local Stephen James Centre, who will be delighted to help find the right BMW or MINI for you.
Who are Motability and Motability Operations?
Motability is a national charity set up at the initiative of the Government, with all party support in 1977 and is responsible for oversight and Scheme policy.
Motability Operations Ltd is a privately owned company that operates the Motability Scheme under contract to Motability.
Am I eligible for the Motability Scheme?
To be eligible to lease through the Motability Car Scheme, you must be in receipt of one of the following allowances:
Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance * Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) * War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS) * Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP). You will need to have at least 12 months remaining on your allowance when you place an order.
What is the Motability worry-free package?
With the Motability Car Scheme, there really is nothing to worry about as everything is taken care of. Motability's worry-free package provides the car and all the support you need including:
* Insurance from RSA Motability * Servicing and maintenance * Full RAC breakdown assistance * Annual car tax * Replacement tyres * Windscreen repair/replacement * 60,000 mileage allowance over three years * Many adaptations at no extra cost * Peace of mind